Be Safe, Be Secure & Be Heard During the Holidays!
- Be Safe When it Comes to Shopping and Keeping Thieves from Spoiling Your Holiday Cheer
- Check Out Charities Before you Give - Don't Fall Prey to Scam Artists Trying to Take Advantage of Holiday Giving Spirit
- Don't Let Your Christmas Tree Become a Fire Hazard
- Food Safety Tips for Healthy Holidays
- Consejos de seguridad de los alimentos para unas fiestas saludables
- Gift Cards Can be Great Holiday Gifts, but Know What You're Getting
- Holiday Scams
- Holiday Stress Doesn't Have to Get You Down
- Keep Holiday Travels Merry and Bright
- Keep Your Credit Cards Under Wraps This Holiday Season
- "Many Happy Returns!" or, What you Should Know About Refunds & Exchanges
- Protect Your Pocketbook and Your Identity When Shopping Online This Holiday Season
- Be Safe While Shopping
The Federal Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends safety steps consumers can take when shopping for toys this holiday season. You can also visit the Commission's main page at www.cpsc.gov for the latest information on product safety and recalls.
- Check Toy Safety
The U.S. Public Interest Research Group (U.S. PIRG) has released their 25th annual Trouble In Toyland Report, which provides descriptions of potentially dangerous toys and examines dangers such as choking hazards, phthalates, and excessive noise.
- Decorating Safely
This U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission publication offers holiday decorating tips related to Christmas trees, artificial snow, and lights.
- Holiday Health-e-Card
This Center for Disease Control Health-e-Card site allows you to send a free, colorful greeting that encourages healthy living in the New Year, promotes safe activities year-round, celebrates a health- and safety-related event, and may help your loved ones keep their resolutions.
- Packing Food and Gifts for Travel
This Transportation Security Administration site offers advice for traveling with holiday food or gifts.
- Holiday Shipping and Mailing Guidelines
This U.S. Postal Service site will help you learn about standards and requirements—and get the forms you need—to mail and ship easily with the U.S. Postal Service®.
- Sensible Eating over the Holidays
This Federal Citizen Information Center site offers information on how to win the holiday battle of the bulge, navigating the buffet table, dashboard dining, and other sensible eating tips.